Topic: Wisdom: A Product Of Knowledge [Open Heavens for Teens 12 September 2020]
Memorise: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all the that do his commandments: his praise endureth forever. Psalms 111:10
BIBLE READING: Psalms 111:4-10
- He hath made his wonderful works to be remembered: the LORD is gracious and full of compassion.
- He hath given meat unto them that fear him: he will ever be mindful of his covenant
- He hath shewed his people the power of his works, that he may give them the heritage of the heathen.
- The works of his hands are verity and judgment; all his commandments are sure.
- They stand fast forever and ever, and are done in truth and uprightness.
- He sent redemption unto his people: he hath commanded his covenant forever: holy and reverend is his name.
- The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do his commandments: is praise endureth for ever.
Bible Reading In One Year: Proverbs 21-22; 2 Corinthians 4:1-18
The knowledge of God not only produces physical strength but also mental strength. Daniel 2:20-21 says that God is the custodian of wisdom and that people become wise only because God releases wisdom in any area of life to them. James 1:5:6 says if you lack wisdom in any area of life, the right person to go to is God. And to get wisdom from God, you must fear God. Psalm 111:10 says
“The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom: a good understanding have all they that do His commandments: His praise endureth for ever.”
From the above passage, we can deduce that the foundation of wisdom is the fear of God. So, if you fear God, you will hate sin and flee from it. Anyone who fears God and obeys His commandments already has some deposits of wisdom in him. Furthermore, before anyone can ask for and get wisdom from God, he must first know Gods will, and then do it.
Only God gives wisdom. To get wisdom, fear Him.
Hymn: When We Walk With The Lord
- When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.