Open Heaven For Teens 23 July 2021 – JOSEPH (I)
TOPIC: JOSEPH (I) [Open Heaven for Teens 23 July 2021]
MEMORISE: And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. Habakkuk 2:2
READ: Genesis 37:5-10
- And Joseph dreamed a dream, and he told it his brethren: and they hated him yet the more.
- And he said unto them, Hear, I pray you, this dream which I have dreamed:
- For, behold, we were binding sheaves in the field, and, lo, my sheaf arose, and also stood upright; and, behold, your sheaves stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheaf.
- And his brethren said to him, Shalt thou indeed reign over us? or shalt thou indeed have dominion over us? And they hated him yet the more for his dreams, and for his words.
- And he dreamed yet another dream, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I have dreamed a dream more; and, behold, the sun and the moon and the eleven stars made obeisance to me.
- And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said unto him, What is this dream that thou hast dreamed? Shall I and thy mother and thy brethren indeed come to bow down ourselves to thee to the earth?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Psalms 38-40, Acts 23:12-35
Joseph is a Biblical character that we can learn a lot of lessons from. In the Bible passage for today, we can see that Joseph had a dream which he told to his siblings and parents. If you read the chapter further, you will realise that telling his dreams to his siblings put him in trouble. However, Joseph had a vision; he knew what he’d become in life. This knowledge kept him focused even as a slave in Potiphar’s house.
My child, every man has a purpose in life, you are not by accident, there is a reason you are on earth. Do you know your purpose in life? Do you have a vision? Do you have a picture in your mind of what you want to become? If you don’t, you can ask God to show you today. After He shows you, write it down, dream about it. Like Joseph, see yourself living that dream. Think about it and work towards it. If for instance, God has revealed that you would be the doctor that would find a cure to cancer, then you need to focus on science subjects/courses and study hard. Work towards your dream, don’t just dream.
Do you have a dream?
HYMN: I’m Pressing On The Upward Way
- I’m pressing on
the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet
on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy
and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet
on higher ground.
- My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise
and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell
where these abound,
My constant aim
is higher ground.
- Beyond the mist
I fain would rise,
To rest beneath
Above earth’s turmoil
peace is found
By those who dwell
on higher ground.
- I long to scale
the utmost height,
Though rough the way,
and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall
Lord lead me on
to higher ground.
- Lord lead me up
the mountain side,
I dare not climb
without my Guide;
And heaven gained,
I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.