Open Heaven For Teens 13 May 2021 – You Will Overcome
TOPIC: You Will Overcome [Open Heaven for Teens 13 May 2021]
MEMORISE: So the realm of Jehoshaphat was quiet: for his God gave him rest round about. 2 Chronicles 20:30
READ: Matthew 2:1-16
- Now when Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in the days of Herod the king, behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem,
- Saying, Where is he that is born King of the Jews? for we have seen his star in the east, and are come to worship him.
- When Herod the king had heard these things, he was troubled, and all Jerusalem with him.
- And when he had gathered all the chief priests and scribes of the people together, he demanded of them where Christ should be born.
- And they said unto him, In Bethlehem of Judaea: for thus it is written by the prophet,
- And thou Bethlehem, in the land of Juda, art not the least among the princes of Juda: for out of thee shall come a Governor, that shall rule my people Israel.
- Then Herod, when he had privily called the wise men, enquired of them diligently what time the star appeared.
- And he sent them to Bethlehem, and said, Go and search diligently for the young child; and when ye have found him, bring me word again, that I may come and worship him also.
- When they had heard the king, they departed; and, lo, the star, which they saw in the east, went before them, till it came and stood over where the young child was.
- When they saw the star, they rejoiced with exceeding great joy.
- And when they were come into the house, they saw the young child with Mary his mother, and fell down, and worshipped him: and when they had opened their treasures, they presented unto him gifts; gold, and frankincense and myrrh.
- And being warned of God in a dream that they should not return to Herod, they departed into their own country another way.
- And when they were departed, behold, the angel of the Lord appeareth to Joseph in a dream, saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and flee into Egypt, and be thou there until I bring thee word: for Herod will seek the young child to destroy him.
- When he arose, he took the young child and his mother by night, and departed into Egypt:
- And was there until the death of Herod: that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Out of Egypt have I called my son.
- Then Herod, when he saw that he was mocked of the wise men, was exceeding wroth, and sent forth, and slew all the children that were in Bethlehem, and in all the coasts thereof, from two years old and under, according to the time which he had diligently enquired of the wise men.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: 2 Kings 6-8, John 4:31-54
You are not too young to know that life is a battle-field. Jesus was only a baby when Herod wanted him dead. I remember the story of a family: the father had a heated argument with a man in the village, and the man vowed to destroy the entire family. First, he killed the man, on the way back from his burial, his first son who came from abroad and travelled in his new car had an accident with the car and died. When the mother heard the news, she also collapsed and died. So, each time they travelled to the village to bury one person, another died on their way back until it was remaining only one child. The only child left was at the time studying Medicine at the University; he went to bury the last person who died and was seen by his late father’s adversary. The man the decided not to kill the last one so quickly, but make him suffer a little first. The boy got back to school and ran mad. It was in this state that he was brought to my office; I prayed a simple prayer and God delivered him.
Today, the judgement of God will come upon whoever has vowed to make you suffer in this life in Jesus mighty name. Stay with God so that He can fight all your battles.
Father, please arise and destroy all my enemies.
HYMN: CHRISTIAN SEEK NOT YET REPOSE
- Christian, seek not yet repose,
Hear thy guardian angel say,
“Thou art in the midst of foes:
Watch and pray!
- Principalities and powers,
Mustering their unseen array,
Wait for thine unguarded hours:
“Watch and pray!
- Gird thy heavenly armour on,
Wear it every night and day,
Ambushed lies the evil one:
“Watch and pray!
- Hear the victors who overcame;
Still they mark each warrior’s way,
All with one sweet voice exclaim,
“Watch and pray!
- Hear, above all, hear thy Lord,
Him thou lovest to obey;
Hide within thy heart His word,
“Watch and pray!
- Watch, as if on that alone
Hung the issue of the day;
Pray, that help may be sent down:
“Watch and pray!”
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.