Open Heaven 8 November 2020 Sunday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Christian Discipleship I
Topic: Christian Discipleship I (Open Heaven 8 November 2020)
Memorise: And the twelve gates were twelve pearls; every several gate was of one pearl: and the street of the city was pure gold, as it were transparent glass. – Mark 4:34
Read: Matthew 13:10-30 (KJV)
10 And the disciples came, and said unto him, Why speakest thou unto them in parables?
11 He answered and said unto them, Because it is given unto you to know the mysteries of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it is not given.
12 For whosoever hath, to him shall be given, and he shall have more abundance: but whosoever hath not, from him shall be taken away even that he hath.
13 Therefore speak I to them in parables: because they seeing see not; and hearing they hear not, neither do they understand.
14 And in them is fulfilled the prophecy of Esaias, which saith, By hearing ye shall hear, and shall not understand; and seeing ye shall see, and shall not perceive:
15 For this people’s heart is waxed gross, and their ears are dull of hearing, and their eyes they have closed; lest at any time they should see with their eyes, and hear with their ears, and should understand with their heart, and should be converted, and I should heal them.
16 But blessed are your eyes, for they see: and your ears, for they hear.
17 For verily I say unto you, That many prophets and righteous men have desired to see those things which ye see, and have not seen them; and to hear those things which ye hear, and have not heard them.
18 Hear ye therefore the parable of the sower.
19 When any one heareth the word of the kingdom, and understandeth it not, then cometh the wicked one, and catcheth away that which was sown in his heart. This is he which received seed by the way side.
20 But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21 Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
22 He also that received seed among the thorns is he that heareth the word; and the care of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, choke the word, and he becometh unfruitful.
23 But he that received seed into the good ground is he that heareth the word, and understandeth it; which also beareth fruit, and bringeth forth, some an hundredfold, some sixty, some thirty.
24 Another parable put he forth unto them, saying, The kingdom of heaven is likened unto a man which sowed good seed in his field:
25 But while men slept, his enemy came and sowed tares among the wheat, and went his way.
26 But when the blade was sprung up, and brought forth fruit, then appeared the tares also.
27 So the servants of the householder came and said unto him, Sir, didst not thou sow good seed in thy field? from whence then hath it tares?
28 He said unto them, An enemy hath done this. The servants said unto him, Wilt thou then that we go and gather them up?
29 But he said, Nay; lest while ye gather up the tares, ye root up also the wheat with them.
30 Let both grow together until the harvest: and in the time of harvest I will say to the reapers, Gather ye together first the tares, and bind them in bundles to burn them: but gather the wheat into my barn.
Bible in One Year: Matthew 26, Mark 14
Open Heaven 8 November 2020 Sunday MESSAGE:
Discipleship covers both coaching and mentorship. It describes the relationship that exists between a mentor and his mentee, and also that of a coach and the one being coached. Mentoring and coaching present rare privileges and should be handled carefully as the future of many are influenced thereby.
1 Corinthians 11:1 says Christ must be the model for all Christian coaches and mentors.
“Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ.”
What you say or do will have great impact on and can even shape the character of those within your sphere of influence. My strong adherence to holiness today is as a result of the teachings and lifestyle of my Father-in-the-Lord Pa Josiah Akindayomi.
If you would disciple anyone, you must first ensure your values are godly, clear and well set. As a father, you are both a mentor and coach to your wife and children. What you do would impact on their character greatly. This also includes your subordinates in the office.
Jesus is the ultimate teacher; one thing you would notice about Him is that He never hid the truth from His disciples.
“…and when they were alone, he expounded all things to his disciples.”
You must be honest in the assessment of your followers; tell them where they have gone wrong and praise them when they get things right. You owe them the truth always.
Jesus never hid anything from His disciples; they knew when He was fasting and when He was praying. He constantly pushed them to become like Him and even greater (John 14:12). In Matthew 17:16-17, He said “O ye of little faith, how long will I be with thee?” He was saying in essence: Get up and start doing these things yourself. if you have a follower that has remained on the same level since he/she met you, you are failing as a coach and mentor. May you never fail God in the mighty name of Jesus.
Open Heaven 8 November 2020 Sunday Reflection:
What kind of example are you to those in your sphere of influence? Are you deliberate about their growth?
Open Heaven 8 November 2020 Sunday Hymn 30: When We Walk With The Lord
- When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will, He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
- Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
- Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
- But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
- Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 6: SUNDAY 8TH NOVEMBER, 2020.
TOPIC: 2020 HOLY GHOST CONGRESS
Holy Ghost Congress is an annual kingdom festival, where millions of people gathered to praise, worship and pray to God Almighty. Millions of souls have been saved and healed. Diverse miracles testified to the move of God and lives were transformed by undiluted word of grace. We expect more this year as we pray.
BIBLE TEXT(S): LUKE 5:17, PSALM 91:1-16, PROV. 4:12, PSALM 24:1-2, MAT 14:14
- Let us thank God for all the past annual Holy Ghost Congress Ps.5: 6-7
- Father we thank you for the success and the glory revealed in the past annual Holy Ghost Congress Psalm 95:2
- We thank you Lord for the anointing released upon Daddy GO and all other officiating ministers. Psalms 96:2-4
- Father we thank you for the unprecedented number of souls won during the past annual Holy Ghost Congress Psalms 96:8
- Let us thank God for all the unusual miracles He has done in the past and that which He is going to do this time around Deut. 11:3; Jn.6:2
- Pray for forgiveness of all our sins that may hinder the move of God in this year Holy Ghost Congress Psalm 79:9
- Let us pray for the grace to be holy and the desire to follow peace with all men Heb.12:14-15
- Pray for abundant provisions and divine supply of all need for the annual Holy Ghost Congress in Jesus name Phil 4:19
- Father; we thank you for journey mercies before, during and after the Holy Ghost congress in the name of Jesus. Rom.9:15-16.
Father; we thank you because of assurance of safety from You O Lord. Pro.21:31,
- Father in the name of Jesus, we thank you for always protecting all your children that attend the Holy Ghost congress, and for giving your angels charge over them. Deut. 31:6, Psalm 91:11.
- Father, as your people connect for the Holy Ghost Congress, let your presence abide with them as the pillar of cloud by day and pillar of fire by night. Exod. 33:14. Exod. 13:21-22.
- Father; we come against bad communication and digital networks connections during the Congress.
- Father please divinely supply all the needs of participant to attend this year Holy Ghost congress. Phil 4:19
- Father; keep and watch over homes of all participants as we gather for this year Holy Ghost Congress Ps.16:8; Prov 3:5- 6
- Father, have compassion and turn the tears and pain of all participants in this year Congress to Joy and laughter Rev. 21:4, Psalm 30:5
- Let us pray that God will confirm the words of Daddy G.O. With signs and wonders. Acts 14:3
- Father by your mercy remember, as many as will connect, believing you for the fruit of the womb. 1Sam. 1:16-20.
Father; let there be unprecedented harvest of Souls Miracles, signs and wonders during this year Holy Ghost Congress Acts 2:41, Matt 10:1
- Father use Daddy G.O., like never before during the Holy Ghost Congress,and empower your word through him to reshape every altered destiny in Jesus name.
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to firstname.lastname@example.org, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.