Open Heaven 15 November 2020 Sunday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Mind What You Eat
Topic: Mind What You Eat (Open Heaven 15 November 2020)
Memorise: Be not among winebibbers; among riotous eaters of flesh: For the drunkard and the glutton shall come to poverty: and drowsiness shall clothe a man with rags. – Proverbs 23:20-21
Read: Proverbs 23:1-3, 1 Corinthians 10:31 (KJV)
1 When thou sittest to eat with a ruler, consider diligently what is before thee:
2 And put a knife to thy throat, if thou be a man given to appetite.
3 Be not desirous of his dainties: for they are deceitful meat.
1 Corinthians 10:31;
31 Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God.
Bible In One Year: Acts 1-3
Open Heaven 15 November 2020 Sunday MESSAGE:
I have often heard people say that you are what you eat. This is a wise saying because what you eat can affect who you are – both physically and spiritually. If you eat food that makes your body weak such that you are always lethargic and cannot pray or study your Bible for long hours, your spiritual strength will be low. If on the other hand, you eat organic and healthy food, not only will your body be strong, you will also soar spiritually because you can spend long hours praying and studying your Bible.
It may interest you to know that the devil also uses food to recruit people into secret societies. That is why it is not expedient to eat at every occasion you attend. Before you eat anything that is offered to you, whether in public or private, make sure you pray on it first and ask God for permission. John 6:11 says:
“And Jesus took the loaves; and when he had given thanks, he distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set down; and likewise of the fishes as much as they would.”
One day while I was preaching, I saw a woman dash out of the hall and some ushers ran after her. She then was brought to me after the service. She said while I was preaching, her clothes caught fire so she had to run out. Many years before that incident, she had gone to see a white-garment prophet because she had been losing all her children. Eventually, she met the prophet’s wife who, upon hearing the woman’s problems, gave her a kolanut to eat. From that night, she started finding herself in meetings whenever she slept at night, eating human meat with some other people. Eventually, it was her turn to provide the meat and she was asked to submit her children – the same ones whose lives she was trying to protect in the first place. We prayed a simple prayer that day and when she got home, she excreted a dead snake. Thus, God rescued her from the deadly kolanut.
Mind what you eat or drink.
Open Heaven 15 November 2020 Sunday Key Point:
Pray before you eat, drink or even take a snack. Mind what you eat.
Open Heaven 15 November 2020 Sunday Hymn 20: Nearer, My God To Thee
- Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
E’en though it be a cross that raiseth me,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
Nearer, my God, to Thee, nearer to Thee!
- Though like the wanderer, the sun gone down,
Darkness be over me, my rest a stone;
Yet in my dreams I’d be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- There let the way appear, steps unto Heav’n;
All that Thou sendest me, in mercy giv’n;
Angels to beckon me nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Then, with my waking thoughts bright with Thy praise,
Out of my stony griefs Bethel I’ll raise;
So by my woes to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
- Or, if on joyful wing cleaving the sky,
Sun, moon, and stars forgot, upward I’ll fly,
Still all my song shall be, nearer, my God, to Thee.
- There in my Father’s home, safe and at rest,
There in my Savior’s love, perfectly blest;
Age after age to be nearer, my God, to Thee.
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 13: SUNDAY 15TH NOVEMBER, 2020
TOPIC: RECOVERY FROM COVID-19 AND LOCKDOWNS
BIBLE TEXTS: PSALMS 107:20, ZECH 10:6, 1 PETER 2:24
our God is sovereign, he is the omnipotent God. God is very much interested in restoring you, if only you can cry onto Him for help. Psalm 90:2
- Thank God for the gift of life and for being there for us, and for His mercy.
- Let us confess our sins and the sins of our nation unto God 1Jn.1:19 and ask Him for mercy that endures forever. Ps136:1-2
- Father by Your mercy hear our cries and heal all those who are sick in the name of Jesus. Ps 30:2, Zech 10:6
- Oh God our Father we thank You for the deliverance from the attack of this noisome pestilence called corona virus in Jesus name. Ps 91
- Father please forgive all our iniquities and heal all our diseases in Jesus name. Ps 103:3
- I confess that Christ has taken all my sicknesses and diseases and nailed them to the cross. 1Pet 2:24
- In the Name of Jesus I therefore decree that corona virus will not have power over me and my family.
- I bind every spirit of infirmity including corona virus in my nation and cast them out in the mighty name of Jesus. Matt18:18
- Almighty Father, send Your devouring fire to devour the root and power of corona virus in the Name of Jesus.
- Father stretch out Your hand upon corona virus and its source and destroy them in Jesus name. Jer 51: 25
- Oh Lord my God hide me and my family in your secret place so that we can abide under Your shadow in Jesus name. Ps 91:1, Ps 61:3-4
- Jesus son of David have mercy on my nation and take away this plague completely in Jesus name. Mark 10:47-48
- Oh Lord God, you made heaven and earth, there is nothing too hard for You, heal Your church and everyone in our families who have been infected by corona virus in Jesus name. Zech 10:6
- Oh Lord God Almighty send forth Your word and heal our nations and deliver us from destruction in the mighty name of Jesus. Ps107:20
- By the mercies of God, no member of RCCG will be missing or be dead by the end of this battle in the mighty name of Jesus. Num31:49
- I command every gate that corona virus has closed against us to be lifted up now in the name of Jesus. Ps24:7-10
- Father please restore unto our families and nations all that corona virus has stolen away from us in Jesus name. Joel 2:25-26
- Father let there be a complete leaping up from Lock-down to Glory for Your church in Jesus name. Acts 3:7-8
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to email@example.com, +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.