TEXT: JUDGES 6:26-32.
🔑KEY VERSE “And Joash said unto all that stood against him, Will he plead for Baal? will ye save him? he that will plead for him, let him be put to death whilst it is yet morning: if he be a god, let him plead for himself, because one hath cast down his alter” (JUDGES 6:31).
A particular family that worshipped an idol for centuries had a child crippled from birth. When a team of evangelists visited the family, they met the mother of the house and presented the gospel to her. She laid claim to her religion and god; but, the leader of the team challenged her with the power of Christ to heal a lame child. The group prayed and instantly, the crippled child got up and walked. As a result, the whole family and many in that community gave their lives to Christ and the dumb idol was destroyed.
Gideon was instructed by the Lord to destroy the altar of Baal which his father had built. He obeyed but did so in the night because of fear of his father’s household and men of the city.
Many people look up to helpless gods for help and fail to realise the futility of this.
They ask idols for children, healing, wealth, employment and even for travel visas. They never stop to ask themselves if the idol priests have solutions to similar problems, whether they, the idol priests, would remain in their present situations. Would the priest not have been wealthy and influential? Idols have eyes, but cannot see; ears, but cannot hear; hands, but cannot touch; legs, but cannot move. So, how can they fight or help anyone? Isaiah 44:9-20. Joash, Gideon’s father, called out Baal to fight for himself, but it could not.
The psalmist said, “I will lift up mine eyes unto the hills, from whence cometh my help. My help cometh from the Lord, which made heaven and earth” (Psalm 121:1,2).
Whatever help and miracles you need can only come from God through Jesus. Instead of plunging into more problems leading to greater frustration and despair, you can get solutions to whatever challenges you are facing if you trust God and make Him your refuge and strength.
✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Idols are helpless; they cannot help you.
BIBLE IN A YEAR DEUTERONOMY 31-34.
How to neutralise and destroy satanic altars
- Altars are meeting points between man and the invisible spirit beings, either God’s or Satanic. I Corinthians 10:19,20. Hebrews 13:10. A lot of sacrifices are offered there.
- It is where a lot of spiritual transactions take place before it becomes visible Matthew 5:23,24, Judges 6:28.
- Don’t take altars for granted.
- The altar of Baal (satanic altar) was neutralized totally and could not respond. What did God asked Gideon to do before going to destroy the altar? Judges 6:25,26.
- Gideon was asked to build another altar, kill an animal, shed the blood and use the animal as a burnt offering Judges 6:25,26.
- The Christian altar is the place of sacrifice (consecration) to Christ in full surrender. If you have not surrendered your life to Christ and consecrated your life, satanic altars will have power over you.
- Sacrifices that will neutralize satanic altars include the sacrifice of righteous living, the sacrifice of praise to our Jealous God and sacrifice of prevailing prayers Psalm 4:5; 107:22, Romans 12:1, Hebrews 13:15.
- The blood activates the power of an altar. Jesus has shed His blood as a burnt sacrifice for all. Faith in the blood of Jesus supersedes or stronger than any bloodshed on the satanic altars Hebrews 10:5,10; 9:11,12. You must apply it by faith.
- The Christian altar, when all the expected sacrifices are done, is the only potent altar that can neutralize and destroy any satanic altar.
Lord, I come afresh to the altar of Calvary by faith and I surrender all my life to Jesus as my burnt offering
Lord, I come to you with praise as the only God I will give praises to and worship in life and death
Lord, I command every altar, whether of witchcraft, idol worship or any other power against me to be destroyed totally by the blood of Jesus
The altar of COVID-19, be destroyed and catch fire in the name of Jesus
Lord, let all family altars and demonic altars raised against the church of the living Church collapse and catch fire
HYMN If God be for us
- Rejoice in the Lord! O let His mercy, cheer,
He sunders the bands that enthrall;
Redeemed by His blood, why should we ever fear,
Since Jesus is our “all in all?”
“If God be for us, if God be for us,
If God be for us,
Who can be against us,
Who, who, who?
Who can be against us, against us?”
2 Be strong in the Lord! Rejoicing in His might,
Be loyal and true day by day;
When evils assail, be valiant for the right,
And He will be our strength, our stay. [Refrain]
3 Confide in His Word, His promises so sure;
In Christ they are “yea, and amen”;
Tho’ earth pass away, they ever shall endure,
‘Tis written o’er and o’er again. [Refrain]
4 Abide in the Lord, secure in His control,
‘Tis life everlasting begun;
To pluck from His hand the weakest, trembling soul,
It never, never can be done! [Refrain]