DECLARE YOUR TRIUMPH
TEXT: PSALMS 118:15-26.
🔑KEY VERSE “I shall not die, but live, and declare the works of the LORD” (PSALMS 118:17)
The ability of man to speak and express himself is one of the greatest gifts he has received from God. This gift distinguishes man from other creatures and gives him a tremendous potential for both good and evil. Our words have the ability to determine the future, either for good or bad. Our words are life-giving. We have creative abilities. God used words to create everything we see around us. He only said “Let there be…” And there came into reality everything He spoke.
The Psalmist knew the effect of the spoken words. He declared that the voice of rejoicing and salvation is in the tabernacle of the righteous. He had suffered the Lord’s sore chastisement but with faith and the spoken word, declared life and not death.
There is certainly great blessedness in the proper use of the tongue. Over the ages, men with their tongues have changed the direction of their lives from trials to triumphs, sourness to sweetness and bitterness to betterness as in the case of Jabez in 1 chronicles 4:10. Man, therefore is the determinant of his lot through the use of his tongue and not the devil. “Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof” (Proverbs 18:21).
The Scriptures reveal the accounts of heroes and heroines of faith who, despite tough situations, maintained a positive outlook and confessed positivity. Some of such people are Caleb and Joshua; the Shunammite woman and the woman with the issue of blood. You may be going through tough times; all the odds may just be against you and things may not be working out in your favour. But you can determine today to hold out. Let your confessions remain positive and you will emerge triumphant.
✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Say it and have it
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR 2 KINGS 7-8.
Release the power in your tongue
- Deliverances and the voice of rejoicing do characterise the righteous because their God is a God of wonders vv15,26.
If your experience is different, then check your faith, prayer life and the kind of righteous garment you are wearing.
- Daily positive confession confounds the devils, chase away depression, change your destiny for good and cancels the fear of deaths vv17,18.
- Confession of faith is the confession of the word and promise of God for your situation and it only works when you are living righteously vv19-21.
Check the promises of God that match your situations.
- Every morning confession by the righteous: “This is the day which the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it” v24. Note that it is a matter of decision. Satan and storms of life will not want you to confess it.
Read another life transforming daily decision in v28
- Proverbs 18:21, 2 Corinthians 4:13 and Romans 10:8,9 also show the power of the tongue in saving from all evils. Release the power in your tongue positively with faith in your heart and rejoice that it shall be according to your faith and confession.
- Praise God for the power He has deposited in your tongue🙏
- Pick a promise from the Bible that matches your situation and prayerfully confess it with faith. See it, say it and have it👏
- Promise God that henceforth you will smile at the storms and give praises to God continually🙏
- Release the voice of confession and life to those who are depressed, discouraged and despondent in the Church. Command life and joy to enter into their spirits🙏
REJOICE IN THE LORD
- Rejoice in the Lord! oh, let His mercy cheer;
He sunders the bands that enthrall;
Redeem’d by His blood why should we ever fear
Since Jesus is our “all in all”?
“If God be for us, if God be for us,
If God be for us, who can be against us?
Who? Who? Who?
Who can be against us, against us?”
- Be strong in the Lord ! rejoicing in His might,
Be loyal and true day by day;
When evils assail, be valiant for the right,
And He will be our strength and stay.
- Confide in His word – His promises so sure;
In Christ they are “ yea and amen;”
Though earth pass away, they ever shall endure,
’Tis written o’er and o’er again.
- Abide in the Lord: secure in His control,
’Tis life everlasting begun;
To pluck from His hand the weakest, trembling soul –
It never, never can be done!