The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 3 June 2021 – Christ, The Word, Became Flesh
TOPIC: Christ, The Word, Became Flesh (Anglican Devotional 3 June 2021)
READ: John 1:14-18 (NKJV)
- And the Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father, full of grace and truth.
- John bore witness of Him and cried out, saying, “This was He of whom I said, ‘He who comes after me is preferred before me, for He was before me.’ “
- And of His fullness we have all received, and grace for grace.
- For the law was given through Moses, [but] grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.
- No one has seen God at any time. The only begotten Son, who is in the bosom of the Father, He has declared [Him.]
Christ, the Word, became flesh and dwelt among us as God and Man, a deep mystery that human reasoning cannot explain, except it is understood by faith (1 Timothy 3.16). Jesus is the spitting image of the Father (Colossians 1.15; John 14.9-10). As John so clearly puts it, “we beheld His glory, the glory as of the Only Begotten of the Father No one has seen God… the only begotten Son…. has declared Him” (verses 14, 18). So Jesus is fully divine and fully human.
Jesus came not only to reveal the Father and show the extent of His love for us but He also came to share in our humanity in order to save us from the captivity of sin. Our salvation comes to us through Jesus by the Holy Spirit. Christians must, therefore, believe the truth of God’s word and the grace of God revealed through our Lord Jesus Christ.
PRAYER: Thank You Jesus for revealing the Father to me. May I be regenerated through the grace and truth You brought to man. Amen.