Anglican Communion 19 August 2020 – A Wall Of Fire » Flatimes
The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 19 August 2020 – A Wall Of Fire
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: A Wall Of Fire
Read: Zechariah 2:1-13 (NKJV)
- Then I raised my eyes and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand.
- So I said, “Where are you going?” And he said to me, “To measure Jerusalem, to see what [is] its width and what [is] its length.”
- And there [was] the angel who talked with me, going out; and another angel was coming out to meet him,
- who said to him, “Run, speak to this young man, saying: ‘Jerusalem shall be inhabited [as] towns without walls, because of the multitude of men and livestock in it.
- ‘For I,’ says the LORD, ‘will be a wall of fire all around her, and I will be the glory in her midst.’ “
- ” Up, up! Flee from the land of the north,” says the LORD; “for I have spread you abroad like the four winds of heaven,” says the LORD.
- “Up, Zion! Escape, you who dwell with the daughter of Babylon.”
- For thus says the LORD of hosts: “He sent Me after glory, to the nations which plunder you; for he who touches you touches the apple of His eye.
- “For surely I will shake My hand against them, and they shall become spoil for their servants. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me.
- ” Sing and rejoice, O daughter of Zion! For behold, I am coming and I will dwell in your midst,” says the LORD.
- “Many nations shall be joined to the LORD in that day, and they shall become My people. And I will dwell in your midst. Then you will know that the LORD of hosts has sent Me to you.
- “And the LORD will take possession of Judah as His inheritance in the Holy Land, and will again choose Jerusalem.
- “Be silent, all flesh, before the LORD, for He is aroused from His holy habitation!”
Our text today reveals to us one of the benefits of genuine repentance, which is God’s protection against everything that represents ‘horns’ that would scatter and destroy God’s plan for the chosen people (Zechariah 1:18-21). Prophet Zechariah saw the vision of a man holding a measuring line to measure the length and width of Jerusalem in order to secure it against the invaders. In his vision, he saw another angel acting on the instruction of God to tell the man that Jerusalem would be inhabited; He promised them an everlasting protection. “And I will be to her a wall of fire all around, declares the Lord, and I will be the glory in the midst” (verse 2:5 & Psalm 125:2).
Many people today are seeking for protection where it cannot be found. Various challenges of life have made many people to seek protection from the kingdom of darkness. As a matter of fact, some so-called believers have put themselves under the bondage of false prophets in the name of protection. They have forgotten the scripture that says “The name of the Lord is a strong tower and the righteous man runs into it and he is saved” (Proverbs 18:10). God had promised you a wall of fire around your life, marriage, business, ministry and children. All you need to do is to trust Him and depend solely on His power for safety. Arrows from the kingdom of darkness cannot reach you if you make God your wall of protection.
PRAYER: Dear Father, continue to be my security all the days of my life, in Jesus’ name. Amen.