Anglican Communion 16 August 2020 – Evidence Of Genuine Conversion » Flatimes
The Daily Fountain Daily Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 16 August 2020 – Evidence Of Genuine Conversion
Click HERE to Read Previous MESSAGES
TOPIC: Evidence Of Genuine Conversion
Read: Acts 2:41-47 (NKJV)
- Then those who gladly received his word were baptized; and that day about three thousand souls were added [to them.]
- And they continued steadfastly in the apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread, and in prayers.
- Then fear came upon every soul, and many wonders and signs were done through the apostles.
- Now all who believed were together, and had all things in common,
- and sold their possessions and goods, and divided them among all, as anyone had need.
- So continuing daily with one accord in the temple, and breaking bread from house to house, they ate their food with gladness and simplicity of heart,
- praising God and having favor with all the people. And the Lord added to the church daily those who were being saved.
The event leading to today’s passage was the historic sermon of Simon Peter on the day of Pentecost; the sermon alone led to the conversion of 3000 souls. Our passage, however, shows the social and religious relationship among the believers. The scripture reveals that “…they continued steadfastly in the Apostles’ doctrine and fellowship, in the breaking of bread and in prayers” (verse 42).
Their qualities reveal the evidence of their genuine conversion as follows:
I. They continued steadfastly in the Apostles doctrine and fellowship. This means that the believers constantly listened to the teaching of the word of God from the Apostles and they were ready to obey them; they were thirsty for the Word. A strong evidence of conversion is the desire to be instructed more in the word of God and the willingness to obey the same. Is this desire still evident in your life?
II. They continued steadfastly in the breaking of bread and in prayers. Genuine conversion comes with the thirst to partake in all that enhances fellowship with God, especially in Holy Communion and constant prayers. But it is regrettable that the fervour of these qualities has gone down in many Christians today.
Kindly do a spiritual check-up today by examining yourself to know how you fare in your relationship with God and fellow believers. May the good Lord restore our first love!
PRAYER: Lord, restore my first love for You, in Jesus name I pray. Amen!