Topic: Who Is Your Role Model? [Open Heavens for Teens 17 November 2020]
Memorise: Be ye followers of me, even as I also am of Christ. 1 Corinthians 11:1
Read: Philippians 3:14-19
- I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.
- Let us therefore, as many as be perfect, be thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shall reveal even this unto you.
- Nevertheless, whereto we have already attained, let us walk by the same rule, let us mind the same thing.
- Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.
- (For many walk, of whom I have told you often, and now tell you even weeping, that they are the enemies of the cross of Christ:
- Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glory is in their shame, who mind earthly things.)
Bible In One Year: Ezekiel 16:1-63, Hebrews 12:1-29
Our Bible passage today tells us of someone who is bold enough to tell people to follow him because he is an ardent follower of Christ. There are so many lessons to learn from the life of Apostle Paul. If we consider the dramatic change that followed the encounter he had with Jesus Christ on his way to Damascus, and his exploits for Christ, one would ask if Christians of these days are planning to go to that same heaven Paul has gone to. Paul in his attempt to be like Christ at all cost said that he counted as nothing everything he was and had, so that he may win Christ and His righteousness. Jesus Christ was his role model and he was never ashamed of this fact.
Today, we find many children of God whose role models are not Christians. You are likely to become who your role model is. Its a wonder that some children will suddenly develop irrational behaviour and the parents would start wondering where and how it started. Think deep today and follow Christ or anyone you are sure lives like Christ.
Prayerfully choose a role model if you choose to have one.
Hymns: Take My Life, And Let It Be
1.Take my life and let it be
Consecrated Lord to thee
Take my moment and days
Let them flow in ceaseless praise.
2.Take my hands and let them move
At the impulse of thy love
Take my feet and let them be
Swift and beautiful for thee
3.Take my voice and let me sing
Always only for my king
Take my lips and let them be
Filled with messages from thee.
4.Take my silver and my gold
Not a mite would I withhold
Take my intellect, and use
Every power as thou shalt choose.
5.Take my will and make it Thine,
It shall no longer be mine:
Take my heart, it is Thine own;
It shall be Thy royal throne,
6.Take my love, my Lord, I pour
At They feet its treasure store;
Take myself, and I will be
Ever, only, all for thee
Daily Devotional for Teen’s guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries.