SAY “NO” TO SODOMY!
TEXT: LEVITICUS 20:10-21.
🔑KEY VERSE “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them” (LEVITICUS 20:13).
Sadly, our world has changed so drastically that things that were once abominable are now accepted as a norm. Churches that used to be the last bastion of hope for truth and purity have started jumping on the bandwagon of modernists who reject God’s word, calling good evil and evil good.
Although many rituals and ceremonies in the Old Testament are no longer necessary today as the blood of Christ, once offered on the cross, makes animal sacrifices and the rituals of the levitical priesthood irrelevant; the moral laws governing what is acceptable or not in God’s sight and the need for moral purity is still very much retained. Reading through the passage under review, immoral acts like adultery, homosexuality, bestiality and the likes are condemned in the strongest terms. Those who were involved were killed under the Old Testament law.
Unfortunately, the present generation appears to have accepted all that is condemned in Scriptures as immoral and abominable. Although, we have advanced in many fields of human endeavour, we have hauntingly failed to differentiate between what is right, moral, clean and acceptable from what is evil, immoral, nauseating and abominable. These ills, have unfortunately slipped into churches, thereby, desecrating holy places.
No matter what we choose to be and how we choose to live, there comes a day when all of us shall render an account before the Almighty God who can never change His words or be carried away by aberrant and immoral modern trends. It would be a wise thing for anyone who hopes to remain relevant in the divine scheme of things at the end, to separate from evil. God still stands against sodomy and all forms of sexual perversions. We must say “No” to them too.
✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY: Separate yourself from the evil of the world.
BIBLE IN A YEAR: NEHEMIAH 8-10.
A violation of the laws of nature is a sin against God
- The Creator God has stamped His attributes into His creations so that man can still know the truth about God and what is morally right and wrong by a careful observation of the nature, even when they don’t have access to the Bible, Romans 1:19,20. No excuse of ignorance will be tenable to God.
- A deliberate or negligent attitude towards those observable laws of nature is an act of wilful foolishness and dishonour to the Owner and Creator of the Universe. Sodomy is an example. Romans 1:19,21,22.
- Sodomites claim that that is how God created them? Adulterers, evil people etc can make the same claim and justify their sins. This claim cannot stand because that is the reason why Jesus came – to change the fallen and perverted nature of man and make Him a new creation, 2 Corinthians 5:17.
- Sodomy, like all other sensual sins, is the outcome of a perverted and fallen human nature. It cannot be right because it is against nature. Jesus came to redeem man from all sins, Matthew 1:21.
- One of the natural and divine purpose of marriage is procreation. Sodomy is a deliberate violation of that purpose. The purpose of God for man to multiply and fill the earth cannot be achieved if all submit to this unnatural and sinful way of life, Genesis 1:27,28; 9:7.
- Man was created male and female from the beginning. Can any claim, by action, to be wiser than the omniscient God and still please God even if they are preachers?
- All acts, dressings and habits etc., that violate the natural distinctions between male and female are violations of the laws of nature and of God, Romans 1: 26,27,32. The judgement on breaking natural moral laws is damnation in hell fire, Romans 1:32. It is so serious.
- By application, God is not pleased when man is careless with preserving and protecting the ecosystems.
- What do you think if a person does not fulfil the purpose of creation, even though a “successful person” on earth? Will the person make heaven? Check Ecclesiastes 12:13,14, to see the basic purpose of your creation.
Give praises and worship to the God of all creations🙏
If your nature is not yet regenerated, submit yourself to Jesus’ surgical operation on your nature and you will receive new life🙏O Lord Jesus, come into my heart and change this perverted nature of mine🙏
Doing anything that violates the laws of nature or distinctions between male and female? Ask God for forgiveness and make a U-turn🙏
Ask God to convict and deliver those in the Church who are victims of Sodomy and homosexualism🙏
HYMN There is a great day coming