Open Heaven 26 November 2020 Thursday Daily Devotional By Pastor E. A. Adeboye – Choose Your King Wisely
Topic: Choose Your King Wisely (Open Heaven 26 November 2020)
Memorise: Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning! – Ecclesiastes 10:16
Read: Ecclesiastes 10:16-18 (KJV)
16 Woe to thee, O land, when thy king is a child, and thy princes eat in the morning!
17 Blessed art thou, O land, when thy king is the son of nobles, and thy princes eat in due season, for strength, and not for drunkenness!
18 By much slothfulness the building decayeth; and through idleness of the hands the house droppeth through.
Bible In One Year: 1 Thessalonians 1-5, 2 Thessalonians 1-3
Open Heaven 26 November 2020 Thursday MESSAGE:
As seen in our memory verse today, if the King of a territory is a child, the whole land suffers the woe. In other words, you must choose your own leaders very carefully. Whenever you have the opportunity to elect a leader in your country or an association you belong to, learn to put sentiments aside and elect a mature and responsible person with a credible track record.
Any single lady that has more than one suitor has a decision to make. She could choose based on looks, money or God’s will. If she chooses based on money and looks alone, she will face the music when the time comes. However, if she chooses God’s will, then she is on the path towards having a great marriage and a wonderful family.
Beloved sister, marriage is a lifetime commitment; imagine how terrible it would be to have an immature king for the rest of your life. Older women who married immature men must have ignored the red flag they saw during courtship. Are you also ignoring the signs of immaturity and irresponsible in that man courting you? Proverbs 6:10-11 says:
“Yet a little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to sleep: So shall thy poverty come as one that travelleth, and thy want as an armed man.”
Run when you meet a man who is always sleeping when he should be working, or playing when he should be studying.
Before you decide on a local church to attend, watch the Pastor’s attitude closely. A Pastor could be anointed but immature. These ones could be likened to babies handling guns; so much power in immature hands. Elisha was like that when he first received the anointing in 2 Kings 2:23-24. Forty-two children lost their lives in a single day because he became angry when they began to call him names. After that day, Elisha learnt to control his temper. An immature leader whether spiritual or in the secular world is dangerous. Choose your leaders wisely.
Open Heaven 26 November 2020 Thursday Prayer Point:
Father, please give me the gift of discernment so I may please You with my choices.
Open Heaven 26 November 2020 Thursday Hymn 18: My Faith Looks Up To Thee
- My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
Oh, let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
- May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire!
As Thou hast died for me,
Oh, may my love to Thee
Pure, warm, and changeless be,
A living fire!
- While life’s dark maze I tread,
And griefs around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
- When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold, sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Savior, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
Oh, bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul!
THE REDEEMED CHRISTIAN CHURCH OF GOD DIRECTORATE OF PRAYER THIRTY (30) DAYS PRAYER GUIDE TOWARDS THE REALISATION OF A NEW NIGERIA
DAY 24: THURSDAY 26TH NOVEMBER, 2020
DIVINE PROVISION AND ASSISTANCE
BIBLE TEXT(S): PHIL 4:19, PSALM 81:10, 1 CHRONICLES 29:16
Every nation under God has the right to live a good life. Any nation that fails to acknowledge the supremacy of God will soon go into extinction.
- Father thank you for all your assistance as a nation in Jesus name.
- Father, we thank you as nation of people who trust in you for our supplies.
- Father, please pardon our shot comings as a nation, particularly the sin of eating what you have not ordained for us in Jesus name. Genesis 2:16
- Father; be our sufficiency in our national life in Jesus name. Phil 4:19
- Father, help every citizen of our nation to depend on you for their provision in Jesus name. Matthew 6:26
- Father, please bring your people out of lack into abundance, let our land experience a change for good in Jesus name. Psalm 34:10, 81:10
- Father, in your mercy, supply our needs in Jesus name. Genesis 3:21
- Father, see us through these times of difficulty and bring us to our promise land in Jesus name. Exodus 14:22
- Father, you are merciful father, please help us to overcome all challenges of lack and want in Jesus name. Job 38:41
- Father, just as you did for our nation when all hopes were lost during the civil war, please surprise this land again in Jesus name. Genesis 22:14
- Father, by your divine power, please move this nation forward in Jesus name,2 Peter 1:3
- Father, open the window of heaven over this nation for the sake of the elect in Jesus name. Malachi 3:10
- Father, we have no power of our own, we cry to you, please bring rest to this nation in Jesus name. Matthew 11:28
- Father, let the season of harvest begin in this land in Jesus name. Genesis 8:22
- Father, arise and let the oppressors of your people begin to eat their flesh and be drinking their own blood in Jesus name, Isaiah 49:26
- Father, arise and overturn, overturn and overturn until the oppressors are no more in Jesus name, Eze. 21:27.
- Father, for your name sake arise and deliver the economy of this land from the hands of the wicked in Jesus name, Isaiah 37:35.
- Father, arise and completely destroy both internal and external oppressors of our nation in Jesus name
- Father, dethrone and arrest every evil political leader that is enthrone for the purpose of enslaving citizens of this nation. 1 Sam. 15:28.
- Father in the name of Jesus, remove evil representatives from all leadership position in this nation. 1st Sam. 16:1
Open Heavens Daily Devotional guide was written by Pastor E.A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical church in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer’s Ministries. The Open Heavens devotional application is available across all mobile platforms and operating systems: iOS, Android, Blackberry, Nokia, Windows Mobile and PC.
Flatimes Notice Board: Until you are born again, God ever abiding presence will never be with you. You must be born again to enjoy continuous victory. Please say the displayed prayer below in faith:
Lord Jesus, come into my life. I accept You as my Lord and Personal Saviour. I believe in my heart You died and rose from the dead to save me. Thank You Lord for saving me, in Jesus name Amen.
If you just prayed the prayer of salvation online please send your testimonies and prayer request to [email protected], +234-1-8447340, +234-0-7098213112.