It is advisable that you meditatively read the text first
TEXT: PROVERBS 29:9-16.
🔑KEY VERSE “If a ruler hearken to lies, all his servants are wicked” (PROVERBS 29:12).
The things we read, hear and give attention to provide the basis for the ideas that we hold and the values we attach to various issues and subjects in life. If we give heed to false teaching and false doctrine, we will stumble and get our faith corrupted.
Today’s passage shows that it is not enough for a Christian to be honest and innocent,
We must also avoid others who are corrupt,
otherwise, the corruption of those strange friends and counselors soon rubs off on us.
The Christian who is in a position of influence must take up the challenge to exert any righteous influence and promote the truth in his domain. You should give no room for backbiting, and must shun sycophants. Christian leaders in the church or in the secular places of authority should know that it pertains to our eternal salvation to refuse the perverted modern gospel that promises everything but a pure heart and holy heaven.
An old man who got converted a few months before his final home call revealed his heart cry when he said, “I don’t want any sympathy or falsehood around me. I want every preacher and every teacher to tell me the truth even if doing of it shall cost me self-esteem, or estate, or friends or even my own life.”
We should therefore allow the love of the eternal truth of God’s word to be so firmly rooted in our hearts that we may produce fruits of righteousness to save our soul from hell. Remember,
“all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone.”
✍THOUGHT FOR THE DAY Holding the truth secures full salvation.
BIBLE IN A YEAR: ACTS 22-23.
Words of wisdom
- It is mere wastages to give precious things to dogs. They naturally don’t appreciate it v9, Matthew 7:6.
- The fool delights in winning an argument and not in knowing the truth v9.
- The unregenerate or unconverted nature of man will not allow him to love righteousness and the righteous v10.
- How do you know a fool? He does not have control or discipline over his mouth v11.
- How do you know if a ruler/leader loves the truth? He will surround himself with those who speak the truth v12.
- The light of God is available to all. Your attitude towards it determines the kind of person you are v13.
- Generational blessings are the reward of a God-fearing ruler/leader. Be a faithful leader v14.
- You always reap the reward of giving or not giving good child’s training. It is a matter of time v15.
- The wicked will never laugh last over the righteous v16.
Ask God to remove every attribute of foolishness from your nature
Ask for a converted heart that manifests in a converted tongue
Pray for the hatred for all forms of falsehood and love for the truth
Pray for our leaders, secular and spiritual, that they will have the grace and mindset that will be faithful to God
Oh Lord, none has a solution to COVID-19. Have mercy, give us the solution and heal our land
HYMN Lord speak to me
Lord, speak to me, that I may speak
In living echoes of Thy tone;
As Thou hast sought, so let me seek
Thy erring children lost and lone.
O lead me, Lord, that I may lead
The wandering and the wavering feet;
O feed me, Lord, that I may feed
Thy hungering ones with manna sweet.
O strengthen me, that while I stand
Firm on the rock, and strong in Thee,
I may stretch out a loving hand
To wrestlers with the troubled sea.
O teach me, Lord, that I may teach
The precious things Thou dost impart;
And wing my words, that they may reach
The hidden depths of many a heart.
O give Thine own sweet rest to me,
That I may speak with soothing power
A word in season, as from Thee
To weary ones in needful hour.
O fill me with Thy fulness, Lord,
Until my very heart o’erflow
In kindling thought and glowing word,
Thy love to tell, Thy praise to show.
O use me, Lord, use even me,
Just as Thou wilt, and when, and where,
Until Thy blessed face I see,
Thy rest, Thy joy, Thy glory share!