The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 28 April 2021 – Be Careful To Do Good
TOPIC: Be Careful To Do Good (Anglican Devotional 28 April 2021)
READ: TITUS 3:1-8 (NKJV)
- Remind them to be subject to rulers and authorities, to obey, to be ready for every good work,
- to speak evil of no one, to be peaceable, gentle, showing all humility to all men.
- For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.
- But when the kindness and the love of God our Savior toward man appeared,
- not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us, through the washing of regeneration and renewing of the Holy Spirit,
- whom He poured out on us abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior,
- that having been justified by His grace we should become heirs according to the hope of eternal life.
- This is a faithful saying, and these things I want you to affirm constantly, that those who have believed in God should be careful to maintain good works. These things are good and profitable to men.
Citizens of every nation are expected to obey constituted authority and be of good behaviour. Even Christians, before they repented, were sinners; but God in His love and mercy saved us not by our works but by His mercy, the born again experience and renewal of our minds by the Holy Spirit through the saving grace of Jesus Christ. Christians are justified by grace and have hope of eternal life. As a result of this, they should therefore be careful to devote themselves to doing good works.
Due to the hard times in Nigeria, some Christians have resorted to doing bad deeds. But every child of God should be careful to always do good works because of what God has done in his life. Christians are born again persons who are justified by the grace of Christ, and have become heirs with hope of eternal life. It is then expected that the Christian will continue in doing good works which are excellent and profitable. What good works have you done in your Church? Decide today to do good works wherever you are at home, school, work, market or at the hospital. Ensure you do good to at least one person today.
PRAYER: Help me, O God, to do good to others day by day in Jesus’ Name. Amen.