The Daily Fountain Devotional of the Church Of Nigeria (Anglican Communion) 15 April 2021 – Our Heavenly Dwelling
TOPIC: Our Heavenly Dwelling (Anglican Devotional 15 April 2021)
READ: 2 Corinthians 5:1-8 (NKJV)
- For we know that if our earthly house, [this] tent, is destroyed, we have a building from God, a house not made with hands, eternal in the heavens.
- For in this we groan, earnestly desiring to be clothed with our habitation which is from heaven,
- if indeed, having been clothed, we shall not be found naked.
- For we who are in [this] tent groan, being burdened, not because we want to be unclothed, but further clothed, that mortality may be swallowed up by life.
- Now He who has prepared us for this very thing [is] God, who also has given us the Spirit as a guarantee.
- So [we are] always confident, knowing that while we are at home in the body we are absent from the Lord.
- For we walk by faith, not by sight.
- We are confident, yes, well pleased rather to be absent from the body and to be present with the Lord.
Heaven is the final dwelling place of a Christian. Jesus said that He has gone ahead to prepare a place for us, and He will come to take us there (John 14:2-3). It is a prepared place for a prepared people (Revelations 21:27). The beauty of heaven cannot be fully described with human words – there is no night there, and the glory of the Lord is its light (Revelation 21:22-24).
A glimpse of heaven makes a mortal man to desire to be clothed with immortality (verses 2-4). He groans and yearns to be united with the Lord, first in this life, and then more fully in heaven. Are you longing to have a part in our heavenly dwelling? Then prepare yourself so that your name will be written in the Lamb’s Book of Life.
PRAYER: Wash me Redeemer, and I shall be whiter than snow. Amen.